Volunteering at The Fremantle Trust
Becoming a volunteer at The Fremantle Trust, is a fantastic way to meet people from all walks of life and to make a big difference to the lives of those people living in our communities.
What you can do as a volunteer
Put simply, there’s nothing you can’t do! Whatever your skills, talents and experience, we can put them to good use by volunteering at one of our nursing homes in Buckinghamshire or residential homes in Buckinghamshire.
Here are just a few ideas:
- Supporting social activities - arts & crafts, music, drama and gentle exercise
- On-site coffee shop or café - serving tea and cake to residents and their families
- Befriending - spending time with those who use our services
- Gardening - assisting with potting, planting and sprucing up
- Transport - driving our minibus to help people to get out and about
- Hairdressing - put your skills to work in one of the in-house hairdressing salons
- Reception - welcoming people to our services with a big smile
- Supporting meal times and providing good company
- Reading with residents and service users - we all love a good book!
Making a difference
It’s important to stress that you really don’t need any previous experience in a care home. What we’re looking for is a passion and commitment towards helping to support older people or people with a learning disability. Some of our volunteers in Buckinghamshire will have experienced our unique care approach with a family member or friend, which leads them to offer some spare time to volunteer. Others may wish to get involved simply to give something back to their local community. Whatever your reason, we know you will be an incredible asset to our team and to the lives of everyone living, visiting or working in our services.
What you will get out of it
- Opportunity to learn new skills and share in new life experiences
- Meet like-minded people and make new friends
- Award-winning training from our in-house team
- Feel good about yourself – making people smile will make you smile
Make someone smile
Our care home volunteers provide a valuable and unique contribution to the Trust’s services and to the quality of life of the people who live in our communities. If you have the time and passion to make someone smile then please get in touch. Remember, there is nothing more rewarding than to see someone smile because of something you have done.
For volunteering opportunities and information, please contact us on 01296 393000 or email email@example.com